Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes Admin R5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass

MIS
Dec 21, 1999
GB
Hello all,<br>

<br>

First off, I'm totally new to R5 I have used R4.x until now. Can anyone answer a quick question?<br>

Where do i need to go to enable myself to admin the server using the admin tool. In a way I am asking you all to tell me where the server documents are and where to find them??<br>

as you are all aware I need to be in the Administration section in the server docs to be able to admin remotely...is this correct ??<br>

<br>

please any ideas where to find this would be great !!<br>

<br>

thanks,#<br>

If you installed R5 you would have been added as the administrator, if you are the primary domain server. If you are installing as an additional server you will need to contact the person who maintains the primary domino server and have them create you as an administrator and they will give you a certifier ID and a user ID and password. Other than that if you are not listed in the Admin group you can not add yourself there an administrator will have to.<br>
<br>
Once you are in the admin group you can create connection documents in Lotus notes to adminster remotely. But, you will also need the Adminstrator client to really do anything. That is where you will find all server documents, connection documents, person documents, etc. I would recommend buying the Admin doc pack from lotus (yellow books) to familiarize yourself on R5. Also, the doc pack contains a book on migrating from R4 to R5. <br>
<br>
Another great resource is notes.net<br>
<br>
Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back