Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notes 5.08 calendar entry mysteriously disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylervo

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
US
HELP!! HELP!!
We are having users' meetings entry mysteriously disappeared from their calendars. The problems happened so randomly so I don't know where to start the troubleshooting. We have cluster servers so I deleted the clubusy.nsf and let the system create a new one (IBM recommended)but it didn't solve the problem.
Thank you,

90% of the time when documents are disappearing, it is because the user accidently deletes them. Any meeting invitations deleted in the ALL DOCUMENTS, SENT will remove the meeting from the calendar. Please review the Preferences to try and hide meeting notices by clicking on Tools -> Preferences up in the green bar at the top. Next, check the replication settings - "Remove documents not modified in the last 90 days" should be UNCHECKED. Check archive settings, all 3 settings can delete meeting notices. Run fixup at most once a week

Don't know if this is exactly what you want, but we had something similar happen recently. Meetings set for repeating yearly were not appearing on the calendar. Turned out there is a glitch in Notes 5 in cases where the first occurance of the meeting occurred on a weekend and Notes had been asked to automatically move it to the preceding Friday. If so, the first event disappeared, but subsequent events displayed. When I finally found a write up about it, the design team acknowledged the bug but wouldn't fix it. Said to schedule it to start 1 cycle previous and that would display all the right ones (but it displays a wrong one, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back