Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Notepad crashes on print

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyQ

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2001
US
We have recently installed and configured GroupPolicies through our Zenworks server, and now the Win2k computers won't print from Notepad only, and any document created and saved from notepad, won't print when opened in IE or Word. However if a new document is created in anything other than Notepad, then it prints just fine. I don't know if this is related to a GroupPolicy I set, but its weird that it prints form anyhting else, but notepad and notepad docs won't print. Any ideas?

It seems to be just any kind of sites. If you click on the links on a certain site say yahoo for instance. It will let you visit a few pages and then it will freeze. I have deleted the cache and cookies and even deleted one of the users profiles on the system and it did the same thing again. It does not seem to be related to size of cache or flash, active x, or java. A reformat of the systems are about the only other option that i have and i think the problem will probably reappear soon after the format because one of the systems has a fairly new installation of windows 2k.

Dear mis25, I have no clue what this has to do with anything I posted on Notepad crashing when printing. Please clarify your situation for me and maybe I can suggest some things for your current problem. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back