Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Note 8 opening PDFs on Sharepoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcoo

MIS
Nov 26, 2009
CA
I have two Note 8 phones. One of them can open PDF files from our Sharepoint site.

The other one, when you tap on the PDF, says ‘cannot open PDF file’. There is a workaround – if you tap near the PDF icon, you can get a Sharepoint menu that allows you to download the PDF, and it opens.

Both phones have standard settings except that Chrome is the default browser. When the problem first occurred, I installed Acrobat reader in the second phone but that did not help.

Would you know of any settings I could look for that might be different on the two phones? Is there somewhere a setting that makes downloading a file the default instead of opening it?

I have another issue with this Note 8. It is not letting me create an email signature with hyperlinked content in it.
Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back