Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Note 5 client installation and optimization 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcbrohuss

MIS
Aug 13, 2001
US
I've read and followed the white paper recommendations published by Citrix on the Notes client install but was wondering if there were any "comments from the trenches" that anyone would like to share. The client seems to leave a hefty footprint when coping the install files as recommended.

Any recommendation, suggestions?

The only issue I've seen with the Notes 5 client is that of the *.ini files being read from the wrong location.

However, I've seen this issue time and time again, so to save you time, follow the instructions in the Citrix document that you have.

Then;

1) Rename all notes.ini files from the Terminal Server System and Application drives to (eg) notesini.old

2) Check that each user has their own notes.ini in their Homedrive.

3) Add the path to the users notes.ini to the TS system path, eg H:\lotus\notes\data.

4) If you want to be absolutely certain, modify the user's shortcut so that it points to \\appdrive\nlnotes.exe \\homedrive\notes.ini (nlnotes.exe forces Notes to run with No Logo - saves a bit of bandwidth!)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back