Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not used to working with variables yet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rune

Technical User
Aug 9, 2000
NO
I’m a newbie working with CR. I try to get information from our telephone central ( I work for a Call Centre). I have one report ”Number off calls” shoving number off calls, calls lost, calls answered etc. The data can be broken down by date, client(customers off the call centre), and/ore handler. I have another report “Time usage” showing time intervals, hove long handlers have been logged on the telephone central, in call, time to get ready for next call, waiting for next call etc. This report can only be broken down by date and handler. I have two problems(both can be solved by variables, but I can make it work)

1. I need the number off call from the “Number off calls” report, in the “Time usage” report(I also need numbers from “Time usage” in “Number off calls” but I think I can solve all these problems the same way?)

2. I use several parameter fields to make my selections. I use date parameters “from” date- “to” date. Howe can I make the same selection in the subbraport whiteout typing the “from” and “to” date twice.

This is the formula in main report:

Shared datevar fromvar := {?from};
Shared datevar tovar := {?to};

(error: date is required here)

This is the formula in the sub:

Shared datevar fravar;
Shared datevar tilvar;

GroupName ({CCRV_CALL_INFO.HANDLER_NAME}) >= fromvar
AND
GroupName ({CCRV_CALL_INFO.HANDLER_NAME}) <= tovar
(error: a string is required here)

Can someone please help me?

This may not be very helpful, but check out the help files for &quot;passing values to sub-reports&quot;. I've had this problem too and I can't remember the details of the solution.

Kathryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back