Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not sure where to start...registration form not account login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleNFiesty

Technical User
Sep 26, 2006
US
I need to create the following and I'm not sure where to start or what to search for to get where I want to go.

When a person clicks on a link they go to a registration form and are required to register to get access to the information. But once they register they can access this section of the website for the future. I would like the registration form to just place a cookie saying that they have registered and will allow them future access to this section. I do not want to create account logins, just give them access once they have registered. If they remove their cookies then they would have to re-registar for the section.

The content doesn't require hi-security, my marketing department just wants to have them register to access that section and once they register they have access until they remove their cookies.

Can someone give me advise on how to do this or point me in the right direction to search to get this done? I'm a fast learner and have done all the coding on our website myself, I have experience in ASP, HTML5, and JS.

ALSO...If i'm posting in the wrong form, please let me know as this, I believe, spans a few of the forums here.

If your site is going to be built using "classic" ASP then you are in the right place.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Yes I can do it in classic, but again...where do I start?

If you know ASP, you should be able to get yourself off to a good headstart, and when you have problems you can post your code here, and people will help you. This is not a codewriting forum, however.

If in fact you don't know ASP or have forgotten it, the site below is one of many sites with some basic info.

So it is sounds very simple. Just check for cookie on top of "protected" pages and if not there send to registration page...
On registration page after saving registration info just set cookie anf you are done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back