Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not sure what URL to use for "Add New Heading" in Quick Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GravyFace

Vendor
Apr 3, 2002
CA
Just as the subject says: in WSS3, when you go to add a new heading for the quick launch, it asks for a URL. Since I'm trying to create a "Projects" sub-heading, I figured I'd use I hit OK, navigated back to my Site homepage, clicked my new "Projects" heading and got a 404.
I checked the other default headings and they all have some sort of layout/query string URI, and since I wouldn't imagine Microsoft would expect you to figure out how that's supposed to work, I must be doing something wrong or I found some beta feature not yet completed.

If someone else knows of a better way to group project task lists so that each team workspace (one for each dept. in the company) has their own group of projects, I'm all ears. I know you can just add a new project task list to the quick launch but I can quickly see that growing large if the dept. has many projects (ahem... IT) and cluttering the menu. There must be a way to have a page that lists all the project task lists -- not the child tasks -- without having to write a custom Web Part.

Any BTDTs?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back