Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not sure if it is Microsoft ME or my internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchbeav

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
US
I am using Microsoft ME and MSN internet. I can't seem to stay logged on for very long. I am having a terrible time downloading anything because everytime I start the downloading and then leave to go do something else, when I come back I have been logged off. Can anyone help me? I have looked through my Control Panel and just don't see anything that would change that. My old Compaq and Windows 98, I use to be able to do a f10 and change the power settings and download all day long without being logged off. But with my Compaq Presario and Microsoft ME I don't think that is an option anymore. Is it Microsoft ME or my internet that is causing this?

It is your dialer settings got to START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, Dial-up Networking,
Right Click on the dialer and select properties, go to settings and uncheck disconnect when not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back