Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not sure if exists, need a USB dongle/cable to wireless other end of usb cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrB0b

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2011
US
Hello all,
I essentially want a USB extender cable but instead of it being a one part cable end to end I want it to be wireless between the end points. Im not sure this even exists but I have an application that needs to be wireless/bluetooth but connect via USB on both ends.

I found this and thought to go USB - Eth - wifi routers in bridge mode - Eth - USB end.
Is this goign to do what I think it will and essentially send the correct USB signal out to the Eth adapter port, which travels over Cat6 to a wifi router bridging to another wifi router, and traveling over the Cat6 to the Eth adapter port on the other end, and then back to USB communication?

Please advise if Im talking in circles or if this doesnt exist.....

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back