Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not running server side scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2002
US
Guys,

I have a copy of my college's webpage (every file) on my local computer. It uses mainly html and some javascripts. I can view the website on the college server just fine.

I'm trying to host the webpage from my computer using IIS to view the changes I'm making to it. However, when I open the webpage in I.E., server side scripts aren't being running. Specifically, this line.....

<!--#include virtual=&quot;/fcba/MenuHead.inc&quot;-->

If I change the extension on the webpage to .asp, the browser handles it correctly.

Any ideas?

MG

After reading your post again, it seems like you already running through the webserver if your .asp file extension is working.

It's probably beter to use .asp extensions for your include files anyway, they will be more secure. BDC.

The problem is that the file will eventually be put on a simple, non-asp server.

This link will give you more info:

You might want to try the HTML/CSS forum for expert advice as this extends beyond the bounds of ASP if your server won't be running it.

Good luck!! BDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back