Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not run backups on Saturday and Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloydy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2004
AU
Hi,

Is there a way with backup exec to make it run only on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? Currently we have it set to run daily which means on Monday we have errors from when it tried to run on the weekend.

Help is appreciated :)

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

In version 9 of Bckupexec (not sure if this is very different for any other version) go into the job properties.

Have a look under the "schedule" property and set the job to run according to the schedule. Click on the edit schedule button, then on the week day option under (run day options).

Put a tick in all the weekday boxes for each week, click ok and you're done.

Simon

Thanks for the help. I am sorry but I didn't mention I am running BackupExec on Netware 6.5. I am running BackupExec version 9.1. I cannot find that option, I think you may be refering to the Windows version?

Lloydy

Change the policy you are using-
Change repeat interval to 1 per week.
Then change the next tab (can't remember what is it called) - and only check Mon-Fri.

Justin,

Thank you VERY much!!! Worked a charm :)

Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back