Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not ringing on headset , 2400 IPX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne50

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
Need help , plantronics cs50 headset not ringing on our nec 2400 ipx , we use series e and i phones , thanks.

Are you using the lifter? If you are then try using the little mic that comes with it or increase the volume of the ringing. The headset does not like some of the ring tones either so try different ring tone.

We use the lifter and tried everything you mentioned but still a no show. We thought maybe the surroundings were the culprit and even tried a lower frequency headset , no help.

I really need some help guys , if all possible , even if their is a fix , thanks.

I would suggest a replacement headset! There is nothing wrong with the phone, you haven't said it isn't ringing so really this isn't an NEC fault, it's a plantronics fault!

I have had some challenges w/ the CS50 / 55 headsets......

I have an office where there are two of these headsets. I have been through the exact same scenario that w50 is having. I also have another issue...

When phone A rings, the headset for phone B beeps in ear and visa versa. The headsets are not swapped! I have fought continuously with the end users as they do not want to turn up the volume a liitle to make this work properly. We have proven this BUT others in the "cube farm" complain that the two phones with headsets are ringing too loud. AARRGGH.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back