Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Rendering in IE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharg

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
Hi folks

I have a js gauge which renders fine in Firefox but nothing in IE

Been tearing my hair out trying different fiddles, to no avail.

The page is at
Thanks in anticipation for any pointers!

Graham

What version of IE are you using?

IE is not HTML 5 compliant for versions prior to 10 and even on 10 there are some incompatibilities.

The code is also producing an error on IE. (Only have version 8 to test for now) The IE developer console says its because the property or method being used does not exist in the object trying to use it. It points to line 44.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

IE8 and lower is the breaking point. IE9 and above (including a fresh IE11) are fine. You need to decide if your audience has a sufficient number of IE8 users to bother with any extra effort to troubleshoot. Check your google analytics report for this data. Personally, I'd move on with any sales/commerce web site. The only people using IE8 or older would be running Windows XP. That is not a market with money to spend on your products.

I just noticed Microsoft is making virtual machines for checking IE slightly easier and more apparent for Win/Mac/Lin users.

You can get free 90-day VMs here...

I assume you can use an archive of your original VM download to initiate another 90-day period for the Windows OS license after your first period expires.

Thanks folks, I have IE8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back