Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not registered as safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatet

Programmer
Sep 11, 2003
US
I'm getting this error with my webpart. I have researched it everywhere and cannot figure out the problem. ITs probably something small I am missing. ANy help is appreciated.

I am using a cab file so it generated this:
<SafeControl Assembly="USA.WebParts.Log, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"
Namespace="USA.WebParts.Log" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

plus I changed the trust level to "Full"

This what currently resides in my dwp:
<Assembly>USA.WebParts.Log, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c</Assembly>
<TypeName>USA.WebParts.Log.Logs</TypeName>

I have also generated a .snk file:
[assembly: AssemblyKeyFile("../../webpart.snk")]

I have tried to copy and not copy it to the VM image that I am using for testing.

Try adding the dll to the GAC.

I was unable to solve this problem until I found the GAC and figured out how to put stuff in there.

basically, control panel->administrative tools->.net configuration 1.1->Assembly cache

just browse to where the dll file is located and add it. (C:\inetpub\ on mine)

the one thing I'm having trouble with is when I rebuild the DLL, I have to go into the assemble cache and remove the dll, then re-add it, then restart ISS before the changes will take effect.

if anyone can help me with a short cut to this, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back