Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not recognizing "N"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickalty

Technical User
Jun 29, 2001
US
Hi - I'm programming the voice mail (MLM007) on a Legend release 6.1, and it's going OK except for one problem - the system isn't recognizing the letter "N" in mailbox names. For example, I enter "53 21 64 23 #" and the system responds "Mailbox name is L A C" instead of "L A N C". This problem is only affecting "N". Could this be something to do with the Multinlingual ability to use the accented N in Spanish? Or what else? How do I get it to accept "N"?

Richar

:) Well, "Duh".... I was partly right about it being something to do with the multilingual thing though - on the letter key I'd printed out, it showed "N" at the top of the right hand column, as being 64, but it also showed it on the bottom of the left hand column as being 62. When I look at the document onscreen, the top right "N" has the accent over it, the bottom left one doesn't.

Now we've established that I can't read well enough to do this properly.......

Richard

Well, you know, I guess I never tried to do a TILDE N, as in my favorite language other than English, Spanish.

That explains how you got there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back