Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not receiving meeting notifications in Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodomcsc

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US
I have a user who is being sent meetings in Outlook 2003 from other in-company users also using Outlook 2003. The meetings are automatically going into his Calendar without showing up at all in his Inbox. Because these messages aren't showing up at all in his Inbox, he isn't getting a chance to Accept/Decline/Tentative meeting requests.

I have remote viewed his computer and he isn't set to 'Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations' via Tools, Options, Preference tab, Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling. The notifications are unilaterally going to his calendar no matter who sends the meeting invite.

He does have 2 people setup with Permissions to his calendar, both having Editor rights.

I have run Detect and Repair to no avail.

So, does anyone have any ideas on what to further check into on this? Or, if you have run across this before and have a solution, I would be very grateful if you would share it.

Thanks!

dodomfcg

Does this person have a rule applied?

Or Check your resource calendaring under Tools/Options/Calendar Options/Resource Scheduling

Just some things to check.

George

pQi....and all,

Thanks for responding back, pQi. I had already checked out the rules...he actually has none at all setup. Also, I had already checked the items for Resource Scheduling.

If anyone has any additional input, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

dodomfcg

I am having (it seems) the exact same problem. Meeting request not showing up in target users inbox, only in deligates inbox. target user get tentative entry placed on calendar with no notification.

Office 2003 users with Deligates having editor authority to their calendar.

(Remove the editor authority, and the problem goes away)

-----------------------

Looking to find out what is going on. Please post if you find anything... as will I.

------------

its not:
tools/options/calendar options/resource scheduling/automatically accept

its not:
Send meeting requests only to my deligates

Thanks cgv, I will try this and see if it works for my user.

dodomfcg

BRAVO! Making his Delegates 'lower' than Editor worked like a charm!

Many Kudos & Thanks!

dodomfcg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back