Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not receiving ITO alerts on MOM now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidcrash

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
Hi everyone,

We are running ITO version 6.0, Agent version A.06.08, on NNM version 6.1 in a MLM to MOM environment. For some reason, I am no longer receiving alerts on the MOM from one of my managed nodes. All alerts go to the MLM fine, but they are not forwarding up to the MOM now. This node used to process alerts normally. I verified the /etc/hosts and opc.hosts files on MLM, MOM, and managed node but all are fine. We have been receiving alerts on this machine for months with no problems. We did have some router changes recently, but the Network group has "assurred" me that nothing was changed. I had them verify the NAT address for this node, and it appears to be correct. I even stopped/restarted all ITO Agent and Server processes everywhere to see if that worked, but it didn't. The msgforw file on the MLM is fine because I am receiving alerts from all the other nodes with no problems. It's just this one node that has a problem.

Anyone know what I can try next?

thanks in advance for your help.

Kidcrash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back