Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Realtime Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeneslev

Programmer
Aug 27, 2005
US
Hello. I have an issue with playback of video in AE 6.5. The problem is that when I play a video directly from my composition, I get "(NOT realtime)" feedback in the Time Control window and the video playback lags. Also, when I render and save a video file and open it in WMP, I notice same lag as well. What can I do to fix or get around this problem. Is there a way I can render certain sections of the video first, and then playback? Thanks in advance.
Specs:

1 Gig RAM
Pentium 4 2.4GHZ
120G HD

Hi there.

You need to do a RAM preview while in AE to see the stuff in real time.

As far as the lag in WMP, it could be due to a slow HD (speed, fargmentation, etc.) or a very high quality render that your computer is having trouble keeping up with.

I have a laptop 2.2 GHz P4/1GB that won't play my rendered files back without stuttering. But if I put those files on an external Firewire drive attached to the laptop, they play just fine. Indicating a slow HD on the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back