Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOT PRINTING FULL PAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdp123

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2000
KE
HI I HV CONFIGURED THREE PRINTERS ON SCO OSES 5.0.2 & ALL R WORKING FINE BUT PROBLEM IS CUSTOMER WANTED 72 LINES PAGE TO BE PRINTED ,I HV TRIED CHANGING THE PRINTER FILE IN SPOOL/INTERFACES DIRECTORY BUT STILL I AM GETTING 68 PLING PRINTOUT . ANY BODY CAN HELP ME TO SORT THE MATTER<br>

What printer? What model? When you do a lp -dprinter /anylongfile does it still give the short page?<br>There are potential printer problems here, potential interface script problems, and potential application program problems.<br>How about cat /anylongfile &gt; device to see if it is printer and eliminate application program. <p>Ed Fair<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

As Ed says, elimate the interface script first.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's unlikely to be the intrface script, and more likely to be the printer itself.<br><br>The majority of standard Unix interface scripts that I've seen do not do anything with page lengths or page breaks&nbsp;&nbsp;(ie, send form feeds in the middle of a print job).&nbsp;&nbsp;The assumption is made that the job you are sending to the printer is pre-formatted correctly.<br><br>Take a look at the top and bottom margin settings for the printer, and try reducing them.&nbsp;&nbsp;This will probably solve your problem.<br><br>If you want to ensure that the margins are always set to the correct margins then the interface script can be amended to do this for you.&nbsp;&nbsp;To do this, though, we would need to know the type of printer you are printing to, and if possible, the printer control codes for changing the margins.<br><br>Hope this helps. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>--<br>
0 1 - Just my two bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back