Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOT PRINTING BLACK PAGE BORDERS II

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfrund

Technical User
Jul 5, 2003
ES
Hi friends,

I'll try to make my previous question more clear.

I have a WORD document I'd like to print with the Adobe Acrobat 6 printer driver. The original DOC page size is A4, about 210x297 mm.

I'd like to print multiple page in one final pdf sheet. I mean that I want to join two word DOC pages in one final PDF sheet.

I know how to make this but the problem is that the final PDF sheet has a thin black borders around the area of the original word page. When I print two pages in one sheet, for instance, the final pdf sheet appears like two viewports with black borders.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these borders when creating the pdf sheet? Please.

Thanks a lot. Golfrund.

I think you are in the wrong forum...
Anyway when you go to the print window change your print setup to adobe pdf, select properties (i think) go to layout then select 2 pages and then print that should make a double page spread without the border lines.

Marcus

<b>golfrund</b>

(you aren't by any chance a kiwi are you?)

Today I encountered exactly your problem... AND found a solution.

You must first remove document security for this to work. Use the 'square' tool (under the pencil tool) to draw rectangles around the lines. You should get a blue edge, which if you click on this, will change to red with black corners. Then right click and choose 'properties' and then fill the rectangle with white and to have white (or no) borders, and place these over the offending lines.

I found that even though it appeared on screen as though I had masked all the lines, one of them still showed up in the print. Bt making the rectangle a little wider, I was able to finally mask out all the black borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back