Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not possible to restore with SP5

Status
Not open for further replies.

shon4711

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
DE
I think this is important enough to make a new thread:

As in the other Thread I wrote that I've problems to restore with installed SP5 (got allways error AE0068 - failed to write data to file RC=5 access denied.
The files were restored but all have 0kb (no data in it)).

I cannot find anything about this error in knowledgebase nor here in Forum.

When I installed ARCServe 2000 new applied SP3 (not SP5) my restore works great like before.

So please check out if you can restore data when you applied SP5, before you have a crash (because for me it took one night to fix it (try to restore some times without success, install new, merge the tape, restore again)

Best regards,
Peter

First are sure the backup done seccessfully before try restoring

Hi Peter,

I have just discovered the same problem - this ArcServe starts to annoy me more and more...

So far, I do not know the resolution for this.

Neven

Are you using the right version of SP 5? There are 3 language editions, and an ASO version of it. Make sure that you are using the English version of SP 5 if you have the English version of ARCserve installed.

I see in an earlier post you applied SP 3 german - if that is the case, make sure you have SP 5 german applied - SP 5 is language specific.

Hello:

I'm an ARCServe newbee, I have ARCServe 11 running on Windows 2003 Server and I have the exact problem you have described: The backup seems to be operating properly, but the restores give me the EA0068 . . . access denied error. No data is restored.

Have you made any progress with this problem? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Fyi,

I had this problem too before.
I discussed with CA support and find no other solution than re-install in SP4...
It has took one week-end, the agents were updated too...

However the SP5 contains all the "appart" updates aviable and however all of these were installed on the SP4, after applying the SP5 ARCserve goes wrong.

When someone ask me I propose the SP4 and never the SP5.

Fredje

Well, CA did it again. I installed SP5 to correct a previous problem and now I can't restore to a remote server. I keep receiving the same error message of:

AE0068 Failed to write data to file

Also, every since I installed SP5 the alerts do not work anymore.

@aldoprofac,

CA have some updates for SP5 available now, take a look at
QO52929, also the problem with verifying SystemState should be fixed. But I don't test it yet!
If someone test it please report if everything ok now ;-)
Regards,
Peter

These are the Updates:
BrightStor® ARCserve® 2000 Backup for Windows
QO52950 - Fix for jobs crashing when scanning or verifying system state backups after applying BrightStor ARCserve 2000 Backup - Service Pack 5.
Click here to download update.
This update is also available on SupportConnect.

QO52531 - This patch addresses a problem when running regular rotation jobs that would result in media in the media pool save set not being moved to scratch.

QO52929 - This corrects a problem with the Windows Client Agent restoring from previous versions of BrightStor ARCserve Backup Media. Restores would fail with the error: AE0068 Failed to write data to file: "" RC=5, Access is denied.

QO53102 - Fixes a problem with Enterprise Library Option config launching after applying Service Pack 5 for BrightStor ARCserve 2000 Backup - French Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back