Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not play prompt after greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil209

Technical User
Sep 25, 2007
US
I have setup a mail box for an application that I need. I would like the application to work like this…The caller needs to hear the personal verification, greeting of the mailbox and not have the ability to leave a message. The personal verification and greeting needs to always play. I am using the absent greeting to accommodate this(thought it was the only way). It is working fine but I do not want the caller to hear system prompt, at the end of the greeting, the mailbox is not accepting messages. After the greeting I would like Callpilot sot simply hangup. CP5.0
Is this possible?

Thx
Phil

Instead of using a mailbox, build an application in Application builder. Almost limitless what you can do with an application. Mailbox's are cumbersome to use in this fashion.

Yes, that is correct. I have that same scenario created in app builder and it works great. The problem with that is I need to give the mailbox owner the ability to change the greeting. The greeting is a WAV file that has been converted from text to speech, so it is changed frequently. The mailbox owner will upload the new greeting using mycallpilot. I know you can also upload WAV files to app builder but I don’t want to give the user access to app builder. I might consider giving them access if I can limit app builder to a specific app…Do you know if that is possible?

You don't need to give him access to App Builder. Just give him the number for Voice Item Maintenance. He is asked for the App ID then you can add a password or not then after entering the password it will ask him for voice item ID then its just like recording into a voicemail box. All he can change is that greeting. Pretty Slick. Do you have Vocie Item Maintenance setup on your CallPilot? ?

Yes we use VIM now but that is only for spoken word not uploading WAV files. Or am I mistaken. This is a WAV file that we need to upload to the application. Let me know if I am incorrect.

Thanks

You can use either if you don't want to give anyone access to App Builder obviously you don't want someone who doesn't know how to use the tool with unfettered access. Using VIM allows this person you say he changes frequently access to change it without using a 3rd party app to record. If he wants the ability to change on a moments notice he can only update the recording you give him access to via VIM. If the only way to get the recording in is through wav file then App Builder access is the only way. I do not believe you can setup levels of access to the App Builder. But that doesn't mean it cannot be done any thoughts out there on limited access in CallPilot. If he is in another geographic location you can also use a DID to give him access to VIM from anywhere in the world.

Yes, WAV files are my only option. We no longer use a “real/live” human for recorded prompts, this task has been handed off to a text to speech application called Natural reader. All recordings are processed through this application and converted to WAV files and then uploaded to either app builder or Callpilot. I was trying to hand these duties off to the individual user but it looks like I will be keeping it.

Thanks

One way to get around it:
First create a CallPilot Application and SDN that is simply an announcement that says Goodbye then disconnects.

On the user's mailbox:
Set the Revert DN as the SDN that says "Goodbye"
Set Block Message Call Handling to Transfer caller to revert DN.
Uncheck Play system prompt after the temporary absence greeting.

Now callers will hear the temporary absence greeting. There will then be a pause before the call goes to the revert DN. Most callers will probably already have hung up but if they don't then they will only hear "Goodbye".

Not perfect, but much better than the annoying system prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back