Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not pasting "j"avascript onto excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeWond3r

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2003
US
I've a web page that displays tabular database records. Inside the page there's also a javascript code. Now when i do a select all from that page and paste it into excel, it looks perfect... except that there's a little "j"avascript icon that's included onto the pasting. Is there a way to code it so that when I do a select all from the browser, the javascript icon is not included?

Thanks a bunch!

Try putting all your javascript code in an external .js file and importing it into your html file. I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but that might be the fix you're looking for.

-kaht

banghead.gif

This is my javascript w/ in the asp page:

<SCRIPT type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;> parent.myotherframe.location=&quot;otherframe.asp?<%=Request.Form%>&data1=<%=data1%>&data2=<%=data2%>&quot;
</SCRIPT>

Is there another way of writing this w/out using javascript?
I've want to send some query to the other frame.

function dataSend(){
parent.myotherframe.location=&quot;otherframe.asp?<%=Request.Form%>&data1=<%=data1%>&data2=<%=data2%>&quot;

parent.mysecondframe.location=&quot;otherframe.asp?<%=Request.Form%>&data1=<%=data1%>&data2=<%=data2%>&quot;
}

I agree with the first reply - your not making yourself clear - posting the same thing twice wont help - let us know the problem.

all the code you have posted does is reload a page with parameters into a particular frame

I've created a stored procedure on my SQL Server that generates this unique report table. Once a user selects their search criterias, it sends the values in a Request.Form to the frameset page (which consists of 2 frames (menu search frame & the record display page). The record page uses those Request var to call the stored procedure to create the report table in the SQL Serve, and then creates a sql query from that report table & displays it on the browser. Once it is displayed, the display page then sends the same Request to the menu page so it can instantly receive & stores the data and fields (for the sole purpose of sorting & filtering the display page). The values/data of the display page changes, BUT the menu page keeps the original values/data. The display page consist of a javascript code that is used the 1st time it receives the request, but it's not used after a user hits the sorts/search from the menu ro redisplay the display page.

All this shouldn't be explained, since I only need to know is how to &quot;select all&quot; the tabular data from the display page & paste into excel. When I paste into excel, it looks perfect except that a &quot;j&quot;avascript icon is pasted into the excel. A note: The 1st time the display page is loaded there's that &quot;j&quot;avascript icon pasting problem, BUT once the display page is reloaded after a search/sort hit from the menu page.. the copy and paste works perfect (no &quot;j&quot;avascript icon.. hooray).

ok... it's along explanation, but hopefully there's some clarity in it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back