Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Logging Out When Application Exits

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1117

Programmer
Sep 29, 2003
US
I starting a custom FoxPro application on Citrix. When the application does its normal processing and exits. The Citrix session is logged out.

If I run the Acrobat reader from the software, and then close the reader, the Citrix session is not logged out when I exit the application. I have to click the Citrix session icon in the tray at the bottom of the screen and click the logout box to logout the Citrix session.

Does anyone know why the Citrix session does not logout on exit after the application starts the Acrobat reader.

Thanks.
Jerry1117

Some times the same happens with Outlook too, its got to do with the message alert, can you use regmon of filemon to determine why its not realeasing

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

We had a similar issue with acrobat launching a process named wisptis.exe and not closing it down when exiting. Ended up setting up registry key found in article CTX891671 Graceful Logoff from a Published Application Keeps Sessions in Active State. If you find that the process left running is wisptis.exe setting up this registry key has fixed our problem.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI

Value Name:LogoffCheckSysModules
Type:REG_SZ
String:Wisptis.exe

Hope this helps.

mhathaway next time I come accross this I am going to try that.

Cheers

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back