Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not locked out but locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
Yep - as the subject states.
Working with my Win 7 laptop today and received a permissions error that I could not resolve. Eventually I rebooted the system but of the three users defined (hidden administrator, administrator and my own user account) my account could not login as it says I'm locked out. I then tried to login as adminstrator and it too says its locked. I was able to login to the hidden admin account and visit the lusrmgr.msc panel and the two referenced account are NOT checked on locked.
Rebooted again an still locked out. I/Net searches are proving fruitless.

If anyone has run into this before and resolved, please share how you did it?

And I'm still on Win 7 because I teach in a classroom that requires Win 7. Thanks

UBCD w/ Offline NT PW and you can unlock and reset the PW. Hirens also has it but most people still frown upon it.

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll be trying that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back