Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not in English! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJR

ISP
Apr 22, 2000
US
In Outlook Express I continue to get messages(which I do not open) that have strange looking characters in them such as: ¹Ì¾Æ¸®[â³à] I have tried blocking but continue to receive at least 2 a day. Does anyone know if these messages are safe to open and why all the "funny" characters?

They are probably spam emails written in a eastern script (korean,chinese etc) if your set-up does not support these characters then you get a strange ASCI representation instead.

Regards

Graham
"r tape loading error"

What you can do is to set up a rule that when a mail comes in with the character Æ it is then automatically deleted/moved to another folder. This should be ok as you shouldnt get in any normal mails in with the Æ font in it!!
Now I dont know for sure if this will work, as the mail doesn't actually come in with those fonts, as Graham mentioned, but are there in the mail...but try it out and see if that will work. Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Thanks! I will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back