Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not exporting 16:9

Status
Not open for further replies.

exports

Technical User
May 13, 2007
ZA
HI

Im using adobe premier 6.5 for editing.
My sony HC1000E camera I set to shoot in 16:9 widescreen.
I capture the footage as 'movie' in adobe, capture settings: DV PAL widescreen 16:9 (1.422), with the frame size of 720x576.
I click on every clip and set the pixel aspect ratio to the same as the capture settings,
I set my project settings to exactly the same, as well as my export settings....no 'red words' in the project settings viewer.
Still, after exporting the footage and it opens up in adobe, the PAR is DV PAL 1.067.
When I play this exported clip with, for example Windows Media Player, it plays in widescreen, but as soon as I burn it to DVD with Sonic, it goes back to full screen and looks distorted.

What am I doing wrong?

Older versions of Premiere were less good at widescreen flags. You may need to use Interpret Footage to get it recognised correctly in Premiere 6.x.

Don't use Sonic myself, but it looks suspiciously like Sonic isn't recognising the 16x9 flag set by Premiere in the output file.

Can you manually set 16x9 somewhere in Sonic?

Thanks for your quick reply!

When I go to Interpret Footage, it only gives me frame rate options, and the 'options' box isn't highlighted so I can't click on it.

I looked around Sonic's options, it doesnt give 16:9 option, only NTSC and PAL, so I changed it to PAL.No difference.

But I still think the problem is with adobe, because the exported clip opens in adobe and when i check the properties it is 1.067 instead of 1.422 (where i've set it everywhere else!)

I hope i don't have to get an adobe upgrade just yet!!!

Sorry - the options have changed in later versions. There is a separate option for Pixel Aspect ratio in P6.5 under advanced video options for the clip.

I've just imported a 4x3 clip into a P6.5 PAL widescreen project, tagged it at 16x9 using the above method, and exported it to a new file. When re-imported into P6.5, it came in as widescreen perfectly OK.

I wonder if you have been lulled into a false sense of security by assuming that your project settings apply to the export as well. Because they don't! Make sure you have set widescreen (and all other relevant settings) in the export settings - ideally by loading a preset.

You don't say which Sonic program you are using, but you might also want to try the Sonic forums at to see if they can help with any remaining DVD aspects.

i have done that....i have set all my clips' settings personally under advanced options, and chose the DV PAL Widescreen option, then i also set the export settings and I double check everything everytime.

but the exported clip comes out 1.067 in adobe itself.Is that what you mean?

i have also visited the website you mentioned and waiting for replies...i will let you know..thank you!

When I used the option to export to DV PAL widescreen in Premiere 6.5 and then re-imported the resulting AVI file, as I explained above, my PAL file came in as 1.422 as expected.

If you set the widescreen option correctly in the export settings, then I am sorry but I don't why your copy should behave differently from mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back