Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not enough server storage available 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

moveit

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
GB
I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite and when I up-dated it to version 91.008.000_en it would not let me see my other networked computer. I got the error message:
The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred. Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

As both computers could each other before the latest up-date this does not make any sense. My other computer can still see the one that has the problem even though it has the same suite up-date on it.

All help appreciated

Weird. Here is the fix from this article - allegedly. Cant hurt to give it a shot. Export the registry value BEFORE doing this so you can put it back if no change in behavior.

The server's configuration parameter "irpstacksize" is too small for the server to use a local device.

Start Regedit
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameter s
Edit the IRPStackSize
Give it a value of 18
Reboot the computer

Hi goombawaho

It gets weirder. I have looked in the parameters and there is no IRPStackSize file. I looked on the other computer that is okay and there is no file on that either.

Network (Share) Storage problem
thread779-653536

Unable to access shared directory once name of computer changed
thread779-1305526

Blue screen
thread779-743421

Looked at the link JockMullin gave. I added IRPStackSize to both computers with the same value and both computers can now read each other.

Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back