Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Enough Memory Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven547

Technical User
Sep 15, 2004
US
Hey everyone...I think I've reached my breaking point and I'm hoping someone can assist me. My Access is crashing now. I add a command button, save it. I add the label to it, save it. But when I run it, I get the "not enough memory..." error, then access crashes, and I can no longer access my form, pluse I lose all the changes I made. Something keeps corrupting my database. Anyone ever had this happen and if so, what was the solution, etc? This is extremely frustrating.

thanks.

There are a number of possibilities. It can be caused by not splitting the database, this sounds odd if all you are doing is developing, but I have found it helps. Check that you have not exceeded any limits, number of controls etc. Splitting the database will take care of copying to a fresh db, but copying to a fresh db can also help, as can decompile. Finally, for a better and more comprehensive view of corruption, you can read

How would you know if you've exceeded any limits?
Or decompile?

Also, you can try Compact and Repair.

During developement, it's possible that you have added and deleted so many objects that your database size has grown to an unreasonable size. Compact and Repair will fix that for you.

Randy

Hey Remou,
Does the count "Reset" after a decompile or compact/repair or will it always continue to increase?

No, I do not believe that it does. Copying the form and pasting to a new form seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back