Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not enough memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennysthemenace

Technical User
Jun 20, 2004
US
Hi

I am using Version: 8.3.0.0, Build id: 195 design studio on a 3.1 ghz and 2 gb ram desktop. I have to map a 1 gb binary file (image, pdf) to an EDI file. I am getting "Not enough memory to execute the map" error once the input file size exceeds 100MB. Will this problem be resolved if WTX is provided more resources (like running the maps on a dedicated server)? I have increased page size and page count, but it did not help.

Thanks

Did you try using burst? Is trace turned on or off?

I'm assuming that you have the workspace setting currently set to MEMORY. I recommend you change this to FILE/UNIQUE.

Paul Brett
IBM Websphere TX L2 Customer Support EMEA

I had trace turned off and had the workspace as file, but it did not help. We are planning to use a sandbox unix server to see if WTX can handle large files.

Hi

I changed the workspace settings and I am still having the same problem. I have copied the audit log from the map I have tested. I have no problem in mapping a 200 mb EDI file in to multiple xml files without any problem. Is this something to do with packing a binary file inside an EDI file? I am able to read the file, but WTX crashes when I try to map and write the file.

<ExecutionSummary MapStatus="Error" mapreturn="2" ElapsedSec="4.4777" BurstRestartCount="0">
<Message>Not enough memory to execute map</Message>
<CommandLine>'D:\test\Maps\EDI_Build.mmc'</CommandLine>
<ObjectsFound>66175</ObjectsFound>
<ObjectsBuilt>1</ObjectsBuilt>

<WorkArea type="File">
<inputarea card="1" Path="D:\test\Maps\Mer_EDI_Build_30801276171147_1.I01" TimeStamp="17:29:20 June 10, 2010" bytes="3167852"/>
<outputarea card="1" Path="D:\test\Maps\Mer_EDI_Build_30801276171147_1.O01" TimeStamp="17:29:20 June 10, 2010" bytes="1048576"/>
<outputarea card="2" Path="D:\test\Maps\Mer_EDI_275_Build_30801276171147_1.O02" TimeStamp="17:29:19 June 10, 2010" bytes="0"/>
</WorkArea>

<WorkSpace>
<Location type="File" action="Delete">
<Directory type="Map">D:\test\Maps</Directory>
<FileName type="Default" prefix="Unique"></FileName>
</Location>
<Paging>
<PageSize>1024</PageSize>
<PageCount>256</PageCount>
</Paging>
</WorkSpace>

Status