Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Enough Disk Space on Device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mupp3t

MIS
Aug 19, 2004
GB
Hi
I'm using Veritas v.10 on a new HP ML350 G4, with 65gb free space, however I'm getting the following error:-

Not enough disk space on device to run the Advanced Open File Option to create or increment the cache file.

I'm unable to find any useful information from Veritas, can anyone please help?

Thank you.

Hi,
1-check the volume of the machine you want to backup if it has enough disk space as AOFA need space to create the snapshot of the volume you wanna to backup.

2-to troubleshoot this problem properly we need to know what type of open file configuration you are using.

you can check this by checking Advanced open file agent of your job

3-If you are using Volume shadow copy(VSS) then check for a file name with extension *.VSP (this file going to be stored in a hidden folder called Backup Exec AOFO store) in the other volume of same machine,

Note: when you configured open file option using wizard you have specified the location if the file Cache path.

try to run AOFO file Cache path to another location which has enough space.

The above info applicable if you use the default Open File agent provider Veritas Snapshot Provider(VSP) not Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy(VSS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back