Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not creating mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbedding

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
GB
On a SBS2003 server when I create a new user it is no longer creating an Exchange mailbox. This did work about 3 weeks ago but now has stopped. To the best of my knowledge nothing has changed on the server. I've tried the various ways of creating a new user and still the same result. I've logged in as that user, which works, but still no mailbox. Nothing is being populated in the Exchange email addresses in AD.

Any advice?

Well the e-mail addresses are created by the recipient update service within XC2003 so best to check there first.

Neill

Try sending the user an email.

-------------------------------

If it doesn't leak oil it must be empty!!

going of memory when you install exchange it creates another icon for AD users and computers. Its different to the usual icon. You need to use that particular console to create the user. Are yo managing the AD from a workstation if so try it from the server that has exchange installed.

Thanks for the pointers but problem is still there.

I've left the newly created account alone hoping the RUS would do its "thing", but when looking at the new account nothing is listed under email address. Can I just add the SMTP addresses in? I guess not as I don't think a mailbox has been created.

The RUS looks ok, has the correct settings, I've run the update of it as well.

All of what I am doing is on the server.

Hi,

We have one SBS 2003 with Exchange SP1 that does the same. We have serveral others to the same build that are fine!

Create new user wizard takes longer than usual and no mailbox. Create mailbox manually and it does not get an email address.

In our case, delete affected user, reboot, and re-create fixes so I haven't got round to trying to find a reason!

Regards
David

I haven't found out yet why it happens, but have found that either updating/rebuilding the RUS or rebooting works everytime.

Tried simulated reboots (restarting key services) and they work but might as well reboot as it has the same effect on clients.

Gurner

Should I be updating/rebuilding the RUS before or after creating the new user, does this have any affect on existing users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back