Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not Booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumRavenXP

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
K after the sbc yahoo! dsl installer rebooted the system, it never came up, only can get into safe mode....so I unistalled everything the installer, cleaned out the temp files because the installer puts in a reboot helper in the temp folder, ran msconfig and disabled all start ups, ran ASD, ran SFC no sys files were corrupted, booted out with the pci devices, still not getting into normal windows....I have no idea where to go or what I didn't try yet

it was the NIC driver, had to manually remove the ghost driver...Guess I should stop assuming when I physically rip out the device its actually out of the system :p

You can probably still use this, just get a better driver. Don't reinstall all the junk programs either. ISP's love to add "Internet for dummies" programs that usually hinder more than help.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back