Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not all the volume gets purged

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonbrad

Technical User
Nov 19, 2005
CA
Hey,

Every now and then I check all volumes on our Netware 6 SP5, Zenworks 4.01 ir6 servers.

When the purgeable space reaches a few gigs I will purge the volume(s) to turn the purgeable space into free space.

The only volume I'm having issues with is the users volume. This volume is traditional. We have alloted 80gigs for the user volume. I noticed today that the purgeable space is a little over 8 gigs so I decided to run pure on the root of the users volume. When I ran purge I got rid of 3 of the 8 gigs of purgeable space but there still was 5 gigs of purgeable space left, so I tried purging the volume again and it still shows that there's 5 gigs of purgeable space left.

Has anyone ever had this problem before, where you couldn't remove all of the purgeable space? This issue has only been happening for the last week, when I ran a purge in the past on the user volume, it removed all the purgeable space.

Thanks and take care!

Brad

Sorry if the obvious is stated, but are you using an account with Full access to the whole of the volume?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

I finally got the purging on the users volume to work. I have full access to all volumes.

I was able to purge the user volume through Remote Manager. By trying to purge through Windows Explorer caused the previosu proble.

However, after purging from Remote Manager, I was able to then purge through Windows Explorer from then on. Not sure what the problem was, but everything seems to be working fine again!

Thanks and take care!

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back