Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not all digits show up on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuty42

Vendor
Mar 8, 2016
US
IPO v9.1.400.137

I have a weird issue that I cannot figure out. Sometimes when my client dials a number not all the digits show up on the screen. When dialing 800 number it will look like this sometimes (using 7 to dial out 50:main):

The rest of the number will not show up even though the call will go through just fine. I have the dial delay set to 2sec. I was thinking that may be the issue but moving it up to 4sec has the same issue.

I am hoping someone has run into this before.

Thanks in advanced!!

Is it because you've reached the character limit on that handset? Scroll to the right whilst on the call.

Try a 95xx or 96xx instead if you have one. I'm guessing this is on a 14xx or 16xx? I suspect it's related to class.

Making headlines like a corduroy pillow.

This typically happens when using analogue lines and you aren't dialling en-bloc.
When you get so far the system starts to dial the digits to line before you have finished dialling and as they're analogue lines it's seen as connected as soon as it's seized.
The system doesn't show digits dialled after it's connected as then anything entered into IVRs such as account numbers and sort codes etc would be visible on the display.
You need to make the system dial en-bloc to the line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back