Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not able to view the print preview via ICA client 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Feb 16, 2007
US
Hi, I am running PS4.5 and just installed the new application when I try to print the orders within the application, I got no print preview, it only show up the header; EG: work order # and I don't see all the descriptions at all; but if I launch the application in the console and I was able to view the preview and print out the order form properly, can anyone help?

Many thanks,

I found out the issue, it has to do with the permission; how can I grand the users to be able to access the directory?

To be honest with you....whenever I see this issue it has to do with the actual print driver rather than permission.

Are you using a UPD or do you have the print driver on your Citrix server?

thank you engima99, here is the problem; if I login as the administrator via citrix am I can print the work order fine, but if I login as the regular users and I can print the simplify order preview and if I try to print the detail information of the oder and I get no description print out and only the header prints out.

I don't think I use UPD because I have all the print driver on my citrix server. Also, this happens to my new application that I just upgraded, it doesn't happen to the previous install application; Am I suppose to use the transform when I install the application on the Citrix server even though the OS is win 2003/sp1?

Many thanks,

Transform files are usually used when you want to configure a setting globally for all of the users that log into that Citrix server. For example in Office...if you want your recovery documents or save file location to be \\servername\home\%username% instead of the default "C:\docs and settings" you can configure that within a transform file and use it when running setup on Office.

So let me get this straight...when you log into the console as an administrator you can view all of the order via print preview.

But when you log in as a regular user....you can not see the entire document within print preview.....correct? Are you also logging into the server at the console level as a user?

What's the name of the application?

Just trying to get a better feel of the issue.

yes, when I login into the console as an admin, I was able to view orders via print preview; but if I login as the ICA user (regular user without admin right) I couldn't view the print preview. I set the permission on the program to allow citrix users have full control and still no go, the application is called I dont want to give the users to have local admin rights on the citrix server.

You could try using filmon and or regmon as to what you need to set permissions on. It is probably a temp directory the application uses.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

thank you ascotta, I have got it working; it was the citrix users that didn't have access to the fonts; filmon helped. Thank You,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back