Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to set Tab Indexes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicM

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm using Access 2010 on Win7.

I have a form which has only three controls: an option box (containing two radio buttons), a combo box and a button.

I want the combo box to drop down ONLY when the control receives focus. So I coded its GotFocus event with
Code:
 me.combobox.dropdown

When the form opens, the combobox drops down automatically. So I tried setting the tab indexes for the three controls. I set the button control as 0; the optionbox as 1 and the combobox as 2. But I get an error message saying: The value you used for the TabIndex property isn't valid. The correct values are from 0 to 0. It then resets all the indexes to 0.

I also tried setting the focus to the button control in the form's Activate Event. That didn't work either. The combo box still drops down.

Insights warmly welcome,
Vic

Folks,

Don't know why the light dawns after I submit a post. I guess it's all part of Murphy's Law.

Anyway, the 'problem' is because the option box resides in the header; the combo box resides in the detail; and the button resides in the footer. DOH!!

Thanks for your patience.

Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back