Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to send email to Aol email account users

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Feb 16, 2007
US
Is there a way to retrieve the email that was generated by the automatic email alias? I already try the message tracking center and I wasn’t able to get the outgoing email. Lately I received a lot error in related to the AOL customers, here is the error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Ship Conf. - Order #350000
Sent: 3/19/2007 11:08 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

test123@aol.com on 3/19/2007 11:08 PM
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<EX123.mydomain.local #5.5.0 smtp;554-: (HVU:B1)

TIA

I guess you are getting these (Relay access denied) from AOL only?
Check you SMTP settings and make sure your IP is listed properly as AOL uses reverse DNS.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How can I find out if my smtp settings weren't set incorrectly?

run some tests on your domain name and/or IP adresses on :
You do not need a login, the test options are a bit lower on the page

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
[/sub]

thanks, I was able to get my rdns entry. Is it be possible Aol put my domain on their BL?

Of course, ask them using another address if in doubt

Marc
[/sub]

We had this problem before with AOL. The problem came down to NAT on the firewall. The system was configured to receive messages on one IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.10), but the system was sending messages out from the public ip address of the firewall (xxx.xxx.xxx.9).

To resolve we configured a 1-1 NAT translation for the firewall so that all email was sent out using (xxx.xxx.xxx.10).

Phil

Call these people, They keep blocking us every few months and i have to get our IP unblocked.
This is AOL

1-888-212-5537 I got someone i could barely understand but they took care of me. all they usualy ask for is the bounceback msg's and your IP address. Just be really sticky sweet nice to them and they help. Once I called in a bad mood and they were jerks to me.

They do help you when you call. I've had a couple of these type issues with them. You can setup a feedback loop where they will automatically send you the offending email etc.

From their explanation:
"There is at least one URL in your email that is generating substantial complaints from AOL members"

You can get phone numbers and tools to help you from the webpage the error points you to:

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back