Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to Recv Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufaza

Technical User
May 23, 2003
US
Hi,
I am running SBS 2003 server with exchange module installed. At present created two email boxes with admin rights. Have changed the MX record and pointed to the static ip of the server, though the server is behind a netgear router but have got the DMZ set for the SBS 2003 server. I am able to connect thru VPN and also been able to get the oma running.

I am totally lost as to what needs to be done to get the emails. Is there any particular service that needs to be started. I have dns and dhcp running but do i need to edit any of the dns setting to include the WAN static ip the MX records points to?

Regards,
MJ

You need to register your dns and mx record with your provider who hosts your domain. IE netsol,godaddy etc.. Have you done this?

can you telnet from an external source to your Exchange box over port 25?

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Hello,

Brodie1227, yes i have updated the mx and dns information on yahoo domains, the dns services are from zoneedit. I have entered the mx record in both the places pointing to the static ip (WAN)

58sniper, how would i do the telnet check? I am able to ping to the exchange box and also get results to the mx record entry name for the correct static ip of the box thru nslookup.

I am still not been able to get any email!!

Thanks for your input..
MJ

from outside of your firewall, try

telnet 10.0.0.1 25

replace 10.0.0.1 with the IP address of your MX record. See if you get a response.

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back