Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not able to open blank page

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylvain

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
CA
At the opening of Word i cant get a blank page, the same letter open at the same time, were can i remove that page

thanks

Sylvain,

The "letter" can be a template that is loaded as soon as you start Word. Check under Tools, Templates and add-ins to see if that is the case. If so, find the template in your Wrdstart folder and move it out of that folder. Instead of a template, it may also be a shortcut in this fiolder that points to a "letter" template.

The "letter" template can also be loaded via the shortcut with which you start Word. Rightclick the shortcut, go to the Shortcut tab and look at Target. Check the optional switches that start after the path and file name winword.exe.

It is also possible that there is no separate "letter" template, but that the "letter" information unintentionally ended up in normal.dot (which is the file used by Word for the Blank Document). In that case you will be presented with the letter when you choose File, New and Blank Document. But if I do not read your post incorrectly, that is not the case here.

HTH

Ilse

It could be that your normal.dot has been saved with the letter text included.
Do a search for Normal.dot and rename it to Normal.old
Normal.dot will automatically replace Normal.old and all should be fine. If it ain't broken, play with it till it breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back