Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

not able to install adminpak.msi

Status
Not open for further replies.

skw234

Programmer
Feb 19, 2003
US
Receiving error message when trying to install adminpak.msi for terminal services or to use the remote desktop option. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sean W
Network Support
TSI

What error? Have you enabled install mode?

Ash.

first, what is the exact error message? Doomhamur
Network Engineer

"Certifications? we dont need no stinking certifiaction."
yahoo IM handle: greater_vortex

Since you haven't posted your error message, I'm taking a guess here that you're trying to install the adminpak on a Terminal Server. If so, you need to do this from the Add/Remove Programs applet in the Control Panel. From there, it will install properly.

The other method is CHANGE USER /INSTALL at the command prompt - then CHANGE USER /EXECUTE after you have finished. Add/Remove programs does it automatically for you.

Ash.

I will post the exact error message on Monday. I am currently out of the office until 0800cst Monday. However, I will try the change user /install to see that works.

Sean

Actually I was trying to install adminpak.msi on a W2K Pro box. Still not able to install using the change user command from a CLI.

I was able to get the terminal services working by using the terminal services client creation tool.
Thanks for all the help.
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back