Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Not a Table" message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjsmith

Programmer
Apr 14, 1999
US
Visit site
I wrote a small VFP6 program that will run when called from VB. The program uses tables from a database to generate reports for display or printing. I created the executable and had the program running just as I wanted it to, but then made some cosmetic changes. Now, when I go to build the executable, it goes through most of the process and stops with a message box "Not a Table". <br>
<br>
Is there anyway I can trace exactly where the problem is? (Help isn't very helpful) Does this mean my database is corrupt?

Try adding the path and database to your table name, i.e.<br>
x:\pathx\databx!Table in place of just Table.

If you cannot create the executable because of this error, it may be because the table underlying the Project for the program has corruption in it. Delete the project files and start a new project with your program is a general way of handling. It usually means that the project memo (*.pjx) file has either lost is connection to the table itself or there is something compiled which confuses the compiler. Deleting the project and starting over should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back