Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Not a DBF in Win2000, but OK in Windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

StorageLady

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
US
I just got a new PC w/Windows 2000 loaded on it. I installed FPW2.6 a.

I keep getting the dreaded "Not a Dbf" error message, when in fact, the .dbf is accessed fine from PC's running Windows 98

Any idea what could be causing this problem?

Thanks!

Perhaps you could try the following statement in the config.fpw file:

codepage=auto

Rob.

StorageLady,
I hate to ask the obvious, but are you also using FPW 2.6a on the Win98 systems? Are you using the high speed CPU patched version of FPW 2.6a on both setups? As Rob suggests are you using similar CONFIG.FPW files on both types of machines?

Rick

I did not load the patch, because I wasn't getting the Divide by Zero error when FoxPro started.

I discovered today, that I am getting the error message when another user has the dbf open. Even though Exclusive is Off.

The users on the Win 98 systems don't get a similar error. Only the user w/ the Win 2000 system.

Thanks

That still sounds like the 2000 machine is finding and using a CONFIG.FPW that's different than the Win98 machines are using. Does your application have a "System Info" form that at least includes the value for EXCLUSIVE and SYS(2019) - the CONFIG file in use - to show the current settings?

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back