Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton SystemWorks "Access Denied Local C Drive"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoyhoy

MIS
May 27, 2003
US
Hi there. I need help. For some reason each time I turn on my XP Professional machine I get this error message:

"Norton Protection - Access Denied Local C:\ Drive"

However, I can get in to everything on my computer just fine. There is nothing in the startup menu and the only thing in scheduled tasks that runs upon boot up is the Symantec NetDetect that's enabled. Originally it was disabled and the message still appeared. Now I enabled it and still the message appears. Not sure why?

hi i hope it helps

Maybe you will like to check whether is your norton program working or it maybe corrupted and you may have to reinstall again. Maybe if you have a virus scan program, you may like to scan the drive or your computer for any virus present. If not i think everything should be fine.

Memorable,

I scanned the entire computer and there were no viruses present. In addition I uninstalled Norton SystemWorks and reinstalled it and the message comes back.

Hi,

i don't really have the same problem but, something different.

After installing WIN XP over win 2000 or ME (can't remember which one), i installed Norton SystemWorks 2003 (the lastest). Then, i accidently added a user.

Now, my Norton won't auto protect. I can't uninstall/reinstall. Can someone tell me how to delete/uninstall/reinstall Norton?

This link should help:

if the link seems dead, then go to:
and search on "Norton Protection access denied Drive C:"

1)Change Win Xp file permissions

Norton's support says:
"This is a Norton Protected Recycle Bin error and is not caused by NAV. In most cases, this happens because you are using NTFS and the Windows XP file permissions are not set correctly. You must set Administrator and system to Allow all actions. How you do this depends on your version of Windows XP."

2)Disable Norton Protected Recycle Bin, Shut down XP, Enable Norton Protected Recycle Bin again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back