Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton SystemWorks & Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyrockck

Programmer
Jan 19, 2003
US
The other day, I decided it was time to reformat and reinstall my Windows 2000 Professional. After installing the O/S, I was trying to install my Norton SystemWorks & Firewall. Everything seemed fine until everytime I tried to install these two programs, they would both install and then the install program would say "Rolling back install" and it would uninstall everything.

Norton worked fine on my PC before I reformatted and now it won't even install. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Right now, I have to use my old McAfee which I honestly don't like to use over Norton. Once again, any suggestions would be helpful.

I don't get any errors before it starts to roll back. It just gets to the end of the installation and starts rolling back.

I checked the Symantec site and they said it was probably that my .sys files were corrupted. Being that I had tried it on both Windows XP and Windows 2000, I think it's the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back