Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton/symantec Personal Firewall and Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

technonerd

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
GB
Just a quick tip for the above progs

DON'T INSTALL THEM
if unfortunatly you have already installed the above firewall on winxp and cannot now acccess any websites and cannot uninstall the firewall then here are some uninstall instructions for it

click start, run and type msconfig
then click the services tab click the 'hide microsoft service' check box then there should be three service that mention personal firewall deselect these services , click ok then reboot and goto add/remove programs and the uninstall should now work and you will now be able to access webpages "You Cant Run From Death Forever, But You Can Make The Bastard Work For it

I installed Symantec Personal Firewall and Norton System works 2002 without any problems. What could have happened in your case?

Hello, I am saying this to understand what happened and learn more...I installed Norton Firewall and WinXP on 2 PC's and had no problems.

What problems did yuo have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back