Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton on Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2005
US
I currently have MS outlook 2003 on my Citrix server and it's available to all of the users. I bought a copy of Norton Anti-Virus Corporate ver. 9. in hopes of getting email virus protection. I want to allow my users to send and receive email via outlook on the citrix server. I have installed the Anti-V software onto Citrix. Only at the console, can I see that it is running in the system tray. When I send an email, there is no notification that the email was scanned. So I don't know if it's working. Also I thought Anti-V would install to all users, just like outlook did, but there is no icon in the system tray for any user, except at the console. Am I way off base with this? I'm not trying to protect the local pc's, just the session on citrix. My goal is to stop sending emails from local pc's and start sending from citrix/outlook. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

Don't you need to buy a license for Symantec for all of your sessions. I don't think one copy on Citrix will be legal.

Dan

I didn't mention that I do have enough Norton license for all sessions.

Here are some links that should help you:

Title: 'Terminal Server sessions and Internet Email Auto-Protect'
Document ID: 2004081918270248
> Web URL:

Title: 'Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and Terminal Server support'
Document ID: 2002093014240148
> Web URL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back