Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabu

Technical User
Nov 7, 2008
US
When my children log into my PC using a restricted login, Norton gives several error messages ("your subscription has a problem", "autoprotectc had an unexpected error", sometimes others - when logged in as administrator everything is OK). When I click on "fix" (while in restricted login), the Norton program asks me to uninstall. With help from Norton Tech support I uninstalled and reinstalled: no change whatsoever. Further multiple requests for support to Norton were completely ignored. Is there any hope beyond switching to Macafee?

It would appear that Norton does not want to run in restricted user role. There are a variety of differnt products that seem to have this problem. This is causing many people to run as local admin on their PC, which causes many security issues. Best solution is to switch software vendors. If enough people do it, the vendors will have to change their software.

As a side note, we now are putting language in our RFP's and contracts to require that the software run in normal user mode.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back