Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norton Internet Security blocking Outlook POP access

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkshirepudding

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2005
GB
Hi folks

my home computer came pre-installed with Norton Internet Security, for a while all was well but all of a sudden recently it decided to block access to my POP3 server, Outlook couldnt connect at all. i believe this occured after i brought 0ffice 2000 fully up-to-date, i of course checked to see if outlook was listed under personal firewall for full access and it was. as a last ditch effort i lowered the personal firewall slider setting down to a low setting and removed and re-added outlook to the safe list and it worked!

then to experiment i put the slider back up to medium and... it wouldnt work! so how come this occurs if Outlook 2000 is in the safe list how come it wont let it through?

-----------------------------------
While i may not agree with what you say ill defend to the death your right to say it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back